Published on May 12th, 20170
St. Luke’s Warren Campus and Physician Groups Standardize Phone Number Prefixes
Phillipsburg, NJ (5/10/2017) –The St. Luke’s Warren Campus and all of its affiliated physician groups and satellite offices have completed an update that has standardized all of the phone numbers system-wide to an 847 prefix. In most cases, the last four digits of the old phone numbers will remain the same.
Until the end of June, callers to the hospital’s old numbers will hear a message telling them how to reach individuals or departments using the new system. The new main number for the hospital is 908-847-6700. The new number for the hospital’s emergency department is 908-847-6767.
“This move standardizes our phone numbers,” explains Scott Wolfe, President of St. Luke’s Warren Campus. “Our project is part of a larger plan to standardize the phone numbers for the facilities and physician groups throughout the St. Luke’s University Heath System.
“Doing so will make it easier for members of the communities we serve to reach us. It will also allow our employees — no matter which facility they work at — to reach each other by dialing a five-digit extension.”
Prior to this update, there were several prefixes that were used among the hospital and physician groups, including 859, 387 and 223.
St. Luke’s Warren Hospital is part of the St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN). Founded in 1872, SLUHN is a non-profit, regional, fully integrated and nationally recognized network providing services at seven hospitals and more than 270 outpatient sites.
The network’s service area includes Warren & Hunterdon Counties in New Jersey, and Lehigh, Northampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Bucks, Montgomery, Berks and Monroe counties in Pennsylvania. Dedicated to advancing health education, St. Luke’s operates the nation’s oldest School of Nursing and 22 graduate medical educational programs, and is considered a major teaching hospital, the only one in the region. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the region’s first Medical School.