Published on October 23rd, 20170
The Wisdom and Glory of Healthy Aging: Mind, Body, Spirit
We invite you to join us as we discuss the important role that understanding and caring for the mind, body and spirit plays in achieving healthy, and even glorious aging. Learn about the latest research regarding keystone behaviors to healthy aging and identify what truly motivates older adults to adopt new behaviors.
Keynote Speaker: David Conroy, Ph.D. Professor of Kinesiology and Human Development and Family Studies at the Pennsylvania State University.
- Identify keystone behaviors for healthy aging
- Rethink the meaning of aging, quality of life and how to view the future
- Explain evidence-based strategies to promote the health and well-being of older individuals
- Describe research-based strategies for supporting older adults’ physical activity motivation
- Explain the aging process of the human brain in both natural and disease conditions
- Describe the evidence behind the use of vitamins and supplements in older adults