Medical Education (GME)
Published on July 15th, 2015
St. Luke’s Holds 23rd Annual Intern, Resident, Fellow Graduation Ceremony
And they’re off! 70 graduates of St. Luke’s Graduate Medical Education programs received certificates recognizing the completion of their internship, residency or fellowship at a June 19th ceremony held on the Moravian College campus. The backgrounds of the graduates were as far-flung and diverse as their destinations and career paths.
Dr. Adeleke Tomiwa Adesina, an emergency medicine resident originally from Nigeria, will be joining Memorial Herman Hospital in Houston. Minnesota native Zhi Halbach, DO, is returning to her home state to join a family practice. Ashley Lauren Rama de Padua, MD, MA, who completed her Transitional Year Residency, is entering a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Perhaps most exciting for all of us, however, is the number of exceptional graduates who will remain part of the St. Luke’s family. Fifteen physicians from both near and far are joining St. Luke’s hospitals and practices, reflecting wide-ranging disciplines from internal medicine and obstetrics and gynecology to physical therapy and sports medicine.
“This event is one of the most joyful, rewarding experiences at St. Luke’s, as we watch our graduates set off to begin practicing their specialty,” said Joel C. Rosenfeld, MD, MEd, FACS, Chief Academic Officer. “We are dedicated to quality medical education coupled with compassionate patient-centered, technologically sophisticated care. The goal of our graduate medical education program is to train young physicians who will have the knowledge and skills to enter practice or go on for further training. More than 180 fellows, residents and interns train at St. Luke’s, a member of the Council of Teaching Hospitals.”
Please welcome the 15 graduates who will be joining St. Luke’s University Health Network:
- Ajay L. Abichandani, MD, of Morris Plains, NJ
- Astha Agarwal, MD, of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Vamsi Balakrishnan, MD, of Willowbrook, IL
- Ana V. Castellanos Mendez, MD, of Guatemala
- Zunera Chaudry, MD, of Easton, CT
- Nicholas Joseph Crognale, DO, of Chalfont, PA
- Alison Marie Frantz, PT, DPT, of Kunkletown
- Christin Marie Gillier, MD of Chatham, Ontario, Canada
- Andrew Joseph Goodbred, MD, of Reading
- Keith K. Habeeb, DO, of Westfield, NJ
- Gregory Joseph Massie, DPT, of Stroudsburg
- Angel Rafael Gonzalez Rios, MD, of Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Crystal Lee Roman, DO, MS, of Bethlehem
- Brenton J. Taggart, MD, of Phillipsburg, NJ
- Nicholas Emmanuel Tatalias, MD, of Allentown